When it comes to getting your pictures taken there are two types of people: those who love it and those who want to hide from it. One of the things that perhaps gives this second group a sense of unease is that they don’t know how to dress for the occasion.
Here are some simple tips on how to dress for a portrait:
1) avoid wearing clothes/hats with words, pictures or logos on them. These distract from the actual subject of the photo (you) and could be a copyright infringement if there is any profit to be made from the photos or session.
- The exception to this would be wearing brought colors for Christmas cards or stylized/themed portraits. Check with your photographer first then go for it!
3) if you are doing a group picture try color coordinating. You don’t have to wear identical outfits or anything just pick a general color pallet. Trust me, its cute 😉
4) leave your hair down (at least partly). Allowing some of it to frame your face really softens the look
6) If you’re a girl, wear high heels. They make your legs look longer and more toned.